All About the Ready to Read Act
Please see our Fact Sheets page to learn all about the Ready to Read Act!
Materials to Support Reading & Dyslexia Advocacy
Preparing to Advocate: Is a helpful guide help you set up your meetings. Includes a sample email, the daily schedule and tells you how to find your legislator.
Dyslexia Advocacy Day Guide. This is a printable that includes information about parking, registration, food, reminders on how to talk with your legislators, a program, downloadable images, Twitter # and a link to the Twitter guide and much more!
Honing Your Story. Are you fretting over your personal story? Don't worry, we have a handy guide to telling your story and it's all on one page! You can also view a parent and student story and to see what others are saying.
Program Details. Please join us for Advocacy Day! 3 break out session workshops are planned for attendees. The workshops rotate allowing you to get an extra dose of information on each topic. Each session is 20 minutes and is led by experienced DDMD parent advocates.
Student Program: Facilitators will help students tell their story, discover their individual strengths through role-playing activities, and create a fun, make-and-take activity. Students will have an opportunity to talk through their own unique perspective with their peers, guided by our facilitators and learn how the Ready to Read Act impacts their own journey, past and present. Read all about it in the details.
Remember to invite your legislator and other policy friends to stop by for a Cupcake, Coffee & Conversation anytime between 1-4pm in room 180!
THANK YOU COMMUNITY PARTNERS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
- Atlantic Seaboard Dyslexia Education Center (ASDEC)
- Anne Arundel Conflict Resolution Center (AACRC)
- Baltimore Lab School
- bowman educational services, Inc.
- Caitlin Dunning, Psy.D. LLC
- Cardinal Reading Strategies, LLC
- Chelsea School
- Creative Learning Experiences
- D.C. Capital Area Branch, International Dyslexia Association (DCIDA)
- Educational Learning and Training, LLC
- Glenwood Academy
- Guiding Exceptional Parents, LLC
- International Dyslexia Association, Maryland Branch (IDAMD)
- Janice C. C. Lepore, Psy.D. and Associates, LLC
- Jemicy School
- Law Office of Brian K. Gruber, P.C.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Maryland (LDA-MD)
- The Maryland Association of Nonpublic Special Education Facilities (MANSEF)
- McLean School
- Multisensory Math
- NeuroBehavioral Associates
- Radcliffe Creek School
- Readventures, LLC
- RSI - Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
- SpellRead P.A.T.
- SPIRE/School Specialty
- State of Maryland Literacy Association (SoMLA)
- The Attention Fix Educational Consulting, LLC
- The Highlands School
- The Lab School
- The Law Offices of Nicole Joseph
- The Learning Curve, LLC
- The Legacy School
- The Mindset Center
- The Odyssey School
- The Siena School
- The Summit School
- Weinfeld Education Group
- Wendy Scarff, Educational Consultant
- Wilson Language Training
- Wye River Upper School