Whether you change your profile picture or attend a dyslexia simulation, your involvement in furthering the understanding of dyslexia is welcomed and appreciated. Below are just a few examples of Dyslexia Awareness opportunities. Follow DDMD on Facebook and Twitter for updates and additional information throughout October.
- DDMD Frederick County will host a Dyslexia Awareness and Simulation Night on October 17, 2019. Seats are limited and a RSVP is required. Please come early in the evening to participate in the resource fair at 6:00 p.m. The Simulation begins at 6:45 p.m.
- The International Dyslexia Association's October calendar includes many ideas for virtual and community based programs. The IDA is also providing weekly themes and Facebook Awareness Month frames. Click on these links to access #StepUpforDyslexia and #DyslexiaAroundtheWorld.
- On October 9, 2019 The Summit School is hosting a Community Talk: Dyslexia Myths and Truths. Click here for more information.
- The Dyslexic Advantage provides suggestions on ways to promote positive dyslexia awareness this month. Ideas include having conversations with peers and sharing resources.
- All month long, the National Center on Improving Literacy will promote dyslexia awareness by offering parents, teachers, and policymakers resources that will help them understand and address dyslexia. NCIL will be releasing new dyslexia resources and using the hashtag #DyslexiaAwareness. The website includes the PDF document, Dyslexia Screening Guide.